Lincoln Avenue Water Company enjoys the opportunity to help its customers conserve water and save money whenever possible. You will find information about rebate programs that will help you save money while embracing water conservation. You’ll also find water conservation ideas that will help you lower your water bill and protect the planet.
In 2017 Governor Brown adopted Executive Order B-40-17, Maintaining Conservation as a Way of Life. The goal to use water more wisely, eliminate waste and strengthen local drought resilience resulted in the following water use prohibitions:
● Hosing off sidewalks, driveways and other hardscapes;
● Washing automobiles with hoses not equipped with a shut-off nozzle;
● Using non-recirculated water in a fountain or other decorative water feature; and
● Water lawns in a manner that causes runoff, or within 48 hours after measurable precipitation
● Irrigating ornamental turf on public street medians
Due to below average rain fall and increased temperatures, many of California’s reservoir and groundwater basins are being depleted and the need for further water conservation persists.
Effective immediately, all outdoor watering will be limited to 3 days per week. Please irrigate before 9am or after 5pm for no more than 10 minutes.
If critical water shortages occur and supplies of imported water are reduced, Lincoln Avenue will consider further action to curtail water use, including mandatory conservation measures to prevent water waste.
For more information on water conservation regulations Click here.