Water Conservation Tips
Aside from these rebate programs, there are a number of simple steps that you can take to improve your conservation of water. These easy water conservation ideas will save you money without being a hassle. Even more importantly, water conservation helps protect the planet. Only 3% of the world’s water supply is fresh water, and two-thirds of that water is frozen in the ice caps. Fresh water is precious – use it wisely!
- Turn off the faucet while brushing your teeth.
- Use an energy efficient dishwasher instead of hand washing dishes.
- Try to take shorter showers.
- Take the time to fix leaky faucets. A little drip can waste gallons of water if left unrepaired.
- Check your irrigation system, periodically. Watch out for broken heads, leaks, and poorly aimed sprays.
- When waiting for cold water to warn up, place a bucket or pitcher under the tap. Use this water for watering plants.
- Avoid overfilling your pool to prevent unnecessary water spillage. Be sure to cover your pool when it’s not in use to limit the amount of water that evaporates.
- Use a broom to clean your driveway and sidewalk instead of a hose.
- Get your car washed at a car wash so that the soapy water gets properly recycled.
- Only wash full loads of clothing and try to use water efficient washing machines.